Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Friday at the Fire Station

Friday morning Beau left early in the morning to go fishing. I got up a few hours later (Sadie slept from 11pm to 8am!) We all got ready and left for the Fire station. Elijah had a great time. It was an incredibly long day...I'll explain as the photos go.


This was our MOM's club group! There were over 50 of us. First we watched a video...


Then the kids learned how to Stop, Drop and Roll. Elijah was the first to try...





They were told to cover their faces while they rolled...
Then the kids watched a fireman put on all his gear so they could learn that even though he may look scary its just a man with a suit on. Elijah was very interested in that...

They turned off the lights and the fireman put his oxygen mask on and the kids could hear his "Darth Vader" voice and see how he glows and shines his lights. Then they were told they could hug the firefighter if they wanted. All this was to teach the kids to go to the fireman if there's a fire, not to be scared. They taught "Don't hide, go outside". Elijah was the first kid to give a hug. No fear...


Then they took a tour of the firehouse. Maddie wanted Elijah to hold her hand the whole time. Elijah loved it - he loves holding hands...

Posing by the truck...


"Grant, this is a pressure valve."


Elijah working the water hose to put out a fire...





A picture with Sparky...



Sadie and I joined Elijah...



Maddie and Elijah looking a little stunned when they turned on the very loud sirens and honked the horn on the truck...


After leaving the fire station I headed to Kroger to get gas before going home. Right before getting to Kroger I started hearing "thump, thump, thump" like I had a flat. I got to Kroger and looked at all my tires, no flat, but I could hear a whooshing. I inspected the tire it was coming from and found a giant bolt stuck in the treads. It was at least the size of my pinkie (the part I could see). I couldn't get a hold of Beau, but talked to my dad who said to drive straight to the tire store. I did that (it was only a few miles away). Just before I could pull into NTB I heard another very loud noise and was sure I just had a blow out. I looked in my rear view mirror expecting to see rubber. Nope, I could see the bolt bouncing down the highway! That's how big it was!! I immediately felt the back of my care drop. This is what I found a few mins seconds when I got to NTB...



UGH! I couldn't get a hold of Aimee, he was still fishing. I called Aimee and she came and got us. I wasn't sure if we'd get all 3 car seats in the back of her car, but we did...




I fed the kids, put them down for naps (which Elijah never fell asleep), Beau came home, I took his truck to buy groceries. I came home, we went and got my car. We came home and I started dinner. This is what Elijah did...

We were a little tired after our long day!
I need to go start getting ready. We're having the youth group parents over tonight for fajitas and a meeting. Better go get started!

No comments: