Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, October 19, 2009

Dewberry Farm

Aimee and I had planned for weeks, if not months, to get our "Alvin Family" together. We really wanted to take the kids to Dewberry Farm so we could all see each other. Our plans didn't go quite as we wanted. Sam Champion did the weather for Good Morning America on Friday morning from Dewberry Farm. Who would have thought!! It apparently drew everyone's attention to the farm. It was PACKED!!! Here are some pics from the day.

The boys were so excited to see each other. They held hands all day...


The long walk to the long line. We waited in linefor an hour just to get in...
After getting in we waited in line to use the bathrooms then waited another hour in line to eat lunch. The food was really good though.


After we ate we finally got down to business...having some fun! I bet Bibby and Elijah went down this slide 20 times!!!



Grant and Elijah digging in the dirt. We laughed at the boys so much. At one point Grant walked over to a kid and just snatched away the dump truck. Then we looked over at Elijah and he was just standing next to a kid waiting his turn. Bully and a Pushover? Nope...just two funny kids!




This was just a big plastic tube on a slight hill. Some kids would be in it and others would push it. Elijah pushing...



Elijah being rolled around...
Cheap entertainment!!




Me and my girl...
Feeding the goats...



"Look Mama...baby chickens!!"
This was my attempt to get Elijah to take a picture. He was a little excited about the animals so this is the best I could get...

Petting a rabbit...



My girls...



Bibby, Elijah and a weird pig statue...



My girl was getting tired...



The long walk to the pumpkin patch...



the hunt for pumpkins...


If you click on this picture you may notice all our freckles. We really got sunburned!



Cooling off with a snow cone...
Funny story: I was standing in line to get my boys a snow cone. Small = $2 Large =$3. There was a dad with 2 little girls in front of me. His youngest daughter said she wanted a large snow cone. He said (very sarcastically) "Sure Honey, what's another dollar!" He turned to me and said "I'm trying to see if I can break $100". That was pretty much the story of the day. We spent so much money and didn't really get to do everything we wanted because of the crowds and lines. Oh well. I would have paid twice that much to spend the day with our "family" (well, maybe not twice as much!)



"Are we having fun yet?"...



"Yes we are!!"...

One last swing...




When we walked back to the car Elijah got more birthday presents...





This was supposed to be a picture of the girls, but Elijah just really wanted in...

By the time we left the parking lot...

Aimee uploaded some short videos for me of the boys so excited at seeing each other. To see them just scroll down to the next blog.
In other news: I started my new job yesterday. Well, not really. I started orientation yesterday. Its 2 weeks long from 8-4:30! Yuck. We have some wonderful people at church who are helping us with the kids. I totally have mush-brain. I am not used to getting up, getting ready, leaving my babies and having to focus on learning something for 8 hours!!
Sadie got another tooth today! She's having a tough week.

No comments: