Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Elijah's Birthday Week of Fun

I've not ever really been a person who celebrates birthdays for a whole week, but it has just so happened that Elijah has celebrated his birthday almost every day this week. Saturday it started off with the party at Mom and Dad's house which you already saw the pictures from that so I'll skip that. What I forgot to tell you was that Sadie cried the entire way home which is so unlike her. After we got home I bathed Elijah and Beau bathed Sadie. Then Beau noticed Sadie got her first tooth!! Guess that explains all that crying. Its the bottom left one and I think the right one is going to come in soon. So they both had a big day!

Elijah had to sleep with one of his gifts. It has rarely left his side since the party...

Monday morning Elijah and I made a big cookie to take to his school on Tuesday.


Funny story about the cookie...The recipe called for butter and shortening. I didn't think I had any Crisco because I never use it. I looked in the pantry and I did have some. I added it to the recipe, finished the dough, put it on the pan and in the oven. Then I did what any good cook does...licked the bowl. YUCK!! It tasted like bad Crisco! I went to the Crisco. It looked fine, smelled like Crisco...hmmm...turned over the container Expired in 2007!!! Are you kidding me!!! Solid fat can expire! Who knew!? The whole time it was cooking Beau kept asking "What's that smell?" After the cookie cooled I tasted it...the Crisco taste was overwhelming. Beau thought I should just ice it and the kids wouldn't care. I couldn't bring myself to do it. I threw it away and made a new one. It was much better...actually tasted like a chocolate chip cookie! (Denise...no comment please -hurricane Ike cookies! Ha! I really can bake...I promise!)

The finished product. Tasted good (esp compared to the first one), but I think I'll keep my day job...



We took it to his school Tuesday and we all ate lunch with him...

This is the best I can get from him when I ask him to smile...



Monday was another boy's birthday so his mom sent cupcakes. So we let their class have the cupcakes and gave Elijah's cookie to all the other kids and teachers at the school.


I don't know why he closes his eyes when I ask him to smile.


He's not growling...he's saying cheese.


We had a great time sitting with his class eating lunch. 3 year olds have some interesting conversations!


Then on Tuesday afternoon we decided we would go to the fair to try and see two of Beau's youth group girls. One was going to be showing a pig and the other was dancing with the drill team.
Waiting at the gate to get in...again with the squinting...

A little better...


I think Elijah splashed in every puddle there was!



A self portrait...
No wait...that actually was a pig.




Elijah and Sadie...
Not really...ha ha...aren't I funny!!



Made me hungry for Thanksgiving...

Beau decided to be the baby carrier this time...


Waiting at the pig show is easier with a sucker...


After being there for 4 hours we didn't get to see either one of the girls!! The pig show was going really long and the dance team got cancelled due to the rain. I think Elijah still had fun though.



Then on Wednesday (his actual birthday) he came to the breakfast table.



I made him this...(mini pancakes and bananas)


Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday Elijah. Happy birthday to you!
Another funny story...I was trying to rush because although I had this idea of having a birthday pan"cake" for Elijah we still had to hurry to get it all in before preschool. I put the candles in the pancakes and put them down in front of Elijah while we sang. Then I went to take a pic of him blowing out his candles and my camera said "card full". GRRR I quickly erased some, re-lit the candles and tried again. This time my flash was off for some reason! I erased those, didn't worry with lighting them again. I just said "Elijah can you pretend to blow them out again." Ha!! Then we went to pull the candles out so he could eat the pancakes. I had put them into hot pancakes and they had melted inside the pancakes!! Ha!! Some Martha I am!!! Oh well...we got a laugh out of it.
When Beau got home from work I took Elijah to pick out a birthday gift from Toys R Us (I had a coupon). After an hour he finally decided on...you guessed it...animals!!
He even had to wear the crown to church!

Then...Saturday we're driving down to Brookshire to Dewberry Farms to see our Scogin/Spencer family to have yet another mini party and spend the day together!! I hope he doesn't expect this next year!!!

No comments: