Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Update on Elijah

Well, this morning I decided to call the MD. Elijah hadn't been wetting his diaper more than 3 times a day and she had told me to call her if he wasn't. She wanted us to come right in. Beau and Sadie came with us this time. They took blood - he didn't like that, and they wanted to get a urine sample. That is not easy when you have a toddler who's not potty trained. Lets just say there was a plastic bag with a hole in it that was sticky. He had to wear it while we went and ate lunch waiting for the blood work to come in. He was very uncomfortable, but we made it thru. After lunch Elijah and I went back to the doctor and Sadie and Beau went home to meet the Time Warner people who were at our house waiting on us. I explained to Elijah we were going back to the doctor to take the bag off his peepee. He broke down and was yelling, "I don't want the doctor to take off my peepee!" He was really nervous since I couldn't make him understand that we were only removing the bag. Anyway, he did great (got 2 suckers) but we're still waiting on some of the labs. So far everything looks okay so she let me bring him home. We'll watch him for the rest of the day and tomorrow and hopefully he'll get back to normal. He seems okay...a little more whiny and clingy than normal, but otherwise okay.

In other news it does seem that the whole "Elijah staying in bed until I come get him" thing is over. He got up yesterday morning and came to our room. He had thrown up in his bed so I contributed it to that. Well this afternoon he keeps coming out of his room during his "nap". Right now he's knocking at his his door because he wants out. Well, it was good while it lasted. Let me know if you have any tricks to keep him down for a nap. Now I'll work on a new blog - with pictures.

No comments: