Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

We're Here! (or There to some of you)

Well, we got to Robinson on Saturday afternoon. It was a LONG drive - as usual - but we made it. We had to call when we got close to town to get directions to our own house. We got it just a few days before moving and didn't even know where it was really. Oh well. I haven't found my camera yet so all you get today is this pic taken on my phone when we arrived. That's my mom waving. I have a lot to blog about, but will wait till I find my camera. I'm not even supposed to be able to get online yet. The cable people are coming on Thursday, but last night I plugged in the computer and I'm able to "borrow" some one's wireless Internet. So if any of you are my new neighbors..."Thank you"

Things have been really stressful for the last week or so. Elijah started getting sick on Thursday, but I contributed it to either something he ate or stress. The movers came on Friday morning earlier than they were supposed to (so I missed the last day of VBS) and said they were going to deliver our stuff to Robinson early Saturday morning. It wasn't supposed to be delivered until Saturday afternoon. Thank God for Janice, though. She came to Robinson on Friday evening and did our walk-thru, got our keys and met the movers the next morning. However, the movers called late Friday night and said they were at our house in Robinson and no one was there to let them in. WHAT! They said they would have to get a hotel and made it sound like we would be charged. You better believe I was on the phone with customer service Monday morning and that guy may not have a job now. Then...my car was supposed to be fixed by Friday evening. I went and sat at the shop for 2 hours...nope...not fixed yet. Then we get to Robinson and all the sweet church people just about have us all unpacked. They brought us dinner too. Oh, but of course its 100+ outside and somethings wrong with the air conditioner. Oh, and Elijah's still sick. We spent Sunday with our families, spent Monday unpacking, Tuesday Elijah has now added throwing up to his "bathroom sickness". I have no idea about doctors or urgent care centers or anything. I don't have Internet or even a phone book - I'm not even sure where I live. My dad must have sensed I was troubled and called. He helped me find an urgent care center, but they don't take kids under 3 - of course they don't. I did talk the receptionist into helping me find a pediatrician though. I called and got the first appointment with the first MD available. I had to drive to the other side of Waco to get there though. But I really liked her and found out that they're moving close to us in October. But I have to get a stool sample and take it back to her today. Then this morning he woke up and got out of bed (never done that before) and Beau went to his room and discovered he had thrown up all over his bed. And my washer and dryer don't work yet! Had enough yet?? I'm taking it all in stride, though. This happened when we moved to Alvin too. In the first few days we were there Beau got into a fight with a giant weenie-dog sized cockroach, got struck by lightening, my car broke down on the side of the freeway and it rained every day. So there you go. I'll post more when I find my camera.

3 comments:

bunnytrails said...

Do I need to laugh or cry??? Instead, I will PRAY for you guys!! Love you!

Carl and Jen said...

you really should stop moving then...I think it is omen...or maybe a sign! maybe you should just come back to Alvin and bad things won't happen!! LOL :) It will get better, a good friend told me that once! :)

Kaylane said...

Um - I am now grateful to be sitting in my cubicle! :)

Hope everything settles down soon!