Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Bubbles and PBS

Last week we had VBS at church. It apparently is not as big of a deal here as it was at our church in Alvin, but I don't think Elijah even noticed. He loved it. It was Mon-Wed evening and he talked about it all day every day. When we sat down for dinner one night he said, "Mom, we better hurry so we can go to PBS." Ha! I guess we watch too much tv. I said, "PBS? What is that?" He said, "You know, Mom, Indication Bible School." Interesting.

Beau took Elijah every evening while Sadie and I had time together. I love the way Elijah is looking at Brady in this picture. Everyone loves Brady...



Playing a game...







Listening to the lesson...




On Wednesday morning we took our weekly trip to the library to watch the Incredible Bubble Show. It was awful. I was so upset. The show was no good and the "Bubble Lady" was rude, mean and just unpleasant. All the other moms around me were uncomfortable. We actually left early. I don't think I've left anything like that early, but Elijah was feeling the stress in the room and wanted to leave. I came home, calmed down and wrote a letter to the library. I was so upset.

Sadie and I waiting for the show to start...







Let's just say at one point right before we left the lady pulled a child (who I think was mentally disabled) by the arm out of the group of kids for doing this...


I don't understand how anyone could expect a bunch of kids under the age of 5 to "sit on their bottom with hands in laps" with bubbles flying around FOR AN HOUR! If a child did what Elijah did above she stopped the show to get onto them.

No comments: