Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Zoo Tales

A few months ago I found out that the zoo has a summer camp. It is 3 mornings for $50. At first I thought that was a lot of money for a few hours, but Elijah loves animals so I decided to give it a shot.





Trying to get him to say cheese after I signed him in on Monday...





He took the picture above and turned to leave. I said, "Elijah, please look at the camera!" This is what I got...



Sadie and I ran errands for a few hours then came back to pick him up.



Waiting for brother...



"Sadie, where's your belly?"..





Then Elijah came running out...





I said, "Elijah, what did you learn about?" This is him saying (I wish I had it on video) "I fed the giraffes..." He was just naming off everything he did.

They had story time, listened to the zoo keeper for the giraffes teach them about the giraffes and then got to feed them. Elijah told me he also got to "feed the cantaloupes" I was a little confused, but remembered that the antelopes are right by the giraffes. I said, "you mean the antelopes?" He said, "Yeah, that's what I said." Okay.



Tuesday they wore their tshirts for a group picture...






He, of course, wanted to do a silly face....









Tuesday Elijah got to learn about alligators. He even got to pet a baby alligator! He made this hat. When I asked if I could take a picture of him this is what he did...


Ham.

This morning we got to the zoo before camp ended so I could get a few pics of Elijah.


"Where's Elijah?"...






Found him...








Just playing on the playground for a few minutes before camp ends...







Then he found a worm...





Getting in line...





Sadie thought she should get in line too...






Then she took a detour...





Drink break...






They got to keep their water bottle too!








After seeing how much fun he had I think I would have paid $50 a day! It was especially nice because Beau was gone all week and it gave me some "babysitting" time. Sadie and I had fun. We ran errands and went to the gym while Elijah was learning. We'll definitely do it again next year!

No comments: