Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Day Trip Road Trip

Last week Beau needed to go check out a park outside Austin where he's taking the JH kids camping next week. He asked if we just wanted to make it a Family Day Trip. I thought by "outside Austin" he meant it would be an hour, hour and a half tops drive and even though that long of a trip is taxing to me I agreed. It took just over 2 hours to get to our first destination!! We had fun anyway, though.


While I was packing all our stuff up that morning Sadie came to me with a bag of pretzels. I said "No" and she turned and walked off. A few minutes later I heard her in our room crinkling plastic. I figured she was trying to get into the bag. I walked in and found this...

"I told you I needed a snack."...

"I fooled you!!"...

"Mmmmm"...


Sadie what do you think about this road trip idea?...



Just kidding...




Elijah does very well in the car...





But still wanted to do a silly face...






When we got to the state park the first thing we did is let the kids play on the playground...















Then we sat down for a picnic...
Sadie asked me if I liked "see food"...










Elijah was loving all the Lady Bugs...


Sadie loved the swings...










There was a family of geese we watched...











We left the state park and drove closer to Austin to Barton Springs to swim. When we'd watched the weather it said the high was going to be 90 degrees. It never got above 78 degrees and the water in Barton Springs is 68 degrees year 'round. So it was frigid!!
























Elijah would only stay on the ramp and play...








After Barton Springs we drove to Roundrock. We love to watch Man VS Food and Diners, Drive ins and Dives. There are two places we've wanted to go because of those shows. One was Roundrock Donuts where they have the larges donut in Texas, America, the world...I don't remember. We didn't get that, but we did get a box of assorted donuts for our dessert on the way home.
They are so popular that they leave their drive thru open until 8pm. This is how far back we were in line when we drove up at 5:30 pm...

For dinner we went to The Salt Lick for bbq. It was really good. All in all it was a much longer day than we planned, but we had a great time spending the day together.

No comments: