Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Cale and Popsicles

Well, Cale is finally here. I bet you thought I forgot about giving you an update. Nope, it just took ALL DAY to get him into the world. Katy went into the hospital at 2:30 am Hawaii time (7:30 am our time) and finally had Cale at 5:30pm Hawaii (10:30pm us). She ended up having to have an epidural and pitocin. He was 8lbs 13 oz (almost 9 lbs!!) and 21 inches. Just to compare...Elijah was 7lbs 13 oz and 21 inches. The same size +1 pound. If you know how small Katy is, that's huge! Thanks for your thoughts and prayers. As soon as I have a picture I'll post it.

In other events...

I thought Elijah would love popsicles since he loves ice and loves juice (the few times we've given it to him). I tried to find molds so I could make my own all-natural popsicles, but couldn't find any molds at walmart. I remembered a girl from work told me she buys her daughter mini popsicles at Walmart so I just got some of those for now. You can see if he liked them...



"This is different..."


"I like different!"



"Good thing we went outside for our popsicles"

I think the Popsicles were a hit! When he swallowed the last piece he immediately looked at me and said "more?" I told him "not today" he looked at the empty stick, frowned, and threw it in the yard.

1 comment:

bunnytrails said...

What a cutie pie!!! Hey, do you ever visit my blog??? Come by, sometime!!!! Love you! Jo Carol