Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Our crazy day

Yesterday was Aimee's birthday. Happy Birthday Aimee!! (and she had to have some minor surgery Tuesday) I told her I would come get Grant and he would spend the day with us. Beau, Elijah and I needed to go shopping for another gazebo for the back yard - ours broke in a storm last week. So we picked Grant up around 9:45. We headed out of town with the boys in the back. If Grant closed his eyes Elijah would say "ssshhhh" and if they were open he would talk to Grant non stop. When we got almost out of town I realized we had come in my car and would need Beau's truck if we bought anything. So we turned around and headed back to the house to change out cars. We swapped, got back in the car, got almost out of town again and I realized we didn't have Grant's diaper bag!! I'm not used to having a diaper bag any more!! So we turned around again to get the bag. Now it was 11 before we got to Target.

After target we were going to go to the mall. We decided we were hungry so we thought we would park at Luby's and eat there then walk thru the mall to Sears. It was 11:45 and Grant wasn't supposed to eat till 1 so we had plenty of time. I threw his pacifier and a diaper in my purse, put him in the baby carier (like a back pack) and we headed in to eat. When we sat down I went to sit Grant beside me....nope, he's only 3 months...he can't sit on his own yet...another brain fart. So I held him while I ate. While I was eating he poops. Great! I head to the restroom to change him. There's no changing table in the restroom!! I pull out some paper towels and have to lay him on the cold, hard granite. He is sliding all over the place. I don't have any wipes because I don't carry them anymore...another brain fart. I use wet paper towels...sorry Grant's hiney. We go back to finish eating.

While we're eating Grant decides he's hungry. I finish. While Beau and Elijah finish and pay I trek back out to the car with Grant and get a bottle and another diaper for my purse. We then set out to walk all the way thru the mall to Sears. We don't have a stroller for Elijah ( I keep an umbrella stoller in my car all the time, but we're in Beau's truck) and Elijah wants to walk. So we walk...slowly thru the mall. Get to Sears, look around, Grant starts crying, I feed Grant while Beau and Elijah go get the truck. We had time for one more place then had to come home.

Wow!! Two babies are hard to shop with. It would have been a world of difference if Grant was ours and we knew him better. We also didn't have a base for his carseat so we kept having to strap it in with the seat belt which takes forever. And on top of that it was only 100 degrees outside with a 3 month old strapped to you and a 2 year old that want to hold your hand everywhere you go!! We did have fun...if you want to call it that. We really had to use a lot of teamwork skills!!

We're off to the park, so we might have pics later.

1 comment:

Aimee Scogin said...

Thanks, chica! Gary and I appreciated the break! :)