Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 31, 2008

OH NO!!

I just sat down to blog a bit about our trip and realized I left my camera cord at my parent's house!! UGH!! So you will have to wait 3-5 business days before you get to see any pics! Sorry. If Aimee's will fit my camera I may try to use her's, but we'll see.

I'll try to make this post somewhat interesting with a story or two.

As you may know Elijah does not like veggies. When he was a baby he loved them. He would sometimes eat only veggies for a meal. I would read about how toddlers will go thru a stage where they will be very picky eaters and may refuse veggies. I would think, "not my Ligy, he loves his peas and carrots!" Then about 6 months ago he stopped eating any veggies. He wouldn't eat anything green (not even a kiwi). There is one small exception. He will tolerate tomatoes and he still loves avacado (or "cado" as he calls it). One night he ate 3/4 of a large avacado as a side dish! Anyway, all the things I read said to still always offer veggies on their plates, even if they don't eat them, just so they'll see them on the plate. So I'll usually make some carrots or something and serve them with his meal. After he's done eating I'll pick them off the plate (they'll be the only thing left) and put them back into the frig. We will continue this day after day until the carrots grow mold or end up on the floor. Well, last week I served my sweet son corn dogs cut up and cooked carrots. I walked out of the kitchen for a minute and heard him say "done". I walked back in the kitchen and saw that his plate was empty. I looked on the table, no carrots. I looked on the floor, no carrots. I thought, "we've moved on!! Yeah mom for being persistant!" I praised Elijah and asked if he wanted more. He said "more" and raised his plate. I noticed his placemat (he has a Diego or "daygo" mat that he loves) was humped up. I lifted the placemat and found all the carrots!! I just had to laugh. The boy is clever. I picked them all up and put them back in a tupperware and tried again the next day. One of us will eventually wear the other one down. (all my books say he'll win, but I'm young and foolish so I keep trying).

We learned, while we were in Stephenville, that my Aunt Sherrie (my mom's brother's wife - did you get that) is pregnant!! It will be her first child. She is due in March and is certain it is a boy. Its way too early to tell, but I felt the same way about Elijah so I don't doubt her.

I will be working tomorrow and Saturday. Beau comes back Saturday night! Please pray for a safe return. Lindsay Stafford is coming over tonight to spend the night so she will be here when Elijah wakes up on Friday and Saturday (so I don't have to wake him up and take him somewhere at 6 in the morning). Aimee and Bibby will be with him during the day tomorrow and he will go to Bibby and John's Saturday.

Sorry about no pics! But if you scroll down you can see pics of my newest neice, Brooklyn!!

No comments: