Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, July 18, 2008

VBS '08

Elijah had a great time this year at VBS. Last year he just sat there mostly. This he was the most interactive in the class. Granted, he was the oldest, but whatever. I had never sat in class with him. I was amazed at his vocabulary and memory. I kept getting so excited outloud. Here are some pics from the yesterday...

His teacher, Ms Dena, is amazing. She sings the whole class. Elijah knows all the songs and loves it. The first song she always sings is "Ding Dong goes the bell, we're glad that you are here, ding dong goes the bell, we know that God is near" and then she repeats it with each child's name and they each get to ring the bell. Here is Elijah ringing his bell...

They each have their own Bible. She pulled them out and said "Elijah what is this?" and he yells "Bible!"...


She sang that you start in the beginning and started singing about all of God's creations. She said, "First there was (pause)" and Elijah yells "dark!!". Dena says, "then God said, let there be (pause)" Elijah yells, "light!". I was so proud, I yelled "Good job, Elijah" and started clapping. I realized the other moms didn't exactly appreciate that so I tried to tone down...




He loves the butterfly...or "fly" as he calls it...
She is singing that the butterfly is fluttering over each child's head. This is Elijah's fluttering face, I guess...



"God made you" inside the box is a mirror...

After class they got to play in the nursery. This is Elijah playing "hide and seek" with Maddie. She was behind the kitchen, he would run to one side, poke his head in and yell "boo", then run to the other side and repeat. I think he plays this a lot with Bibby...

We came back Thursday night for a cookie social. The parents all come and see what their kids did all week. Elijah got to drink some of Joyce's red punch...

I think he liked it...

So VBS is done. One more big event of the summer to go...Trek. Beau leaves for Colorado on Friday and Elijah and I go to Dallas/Stephenville. Then when Beau gets back, the next Saturday, our summer is pretty much over. Yeah!!! I get my honey back!!


No comments: