Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 5, 2008

Surprise!!!

Beau left for another camp last Saturday. Elijah and I were by ourselves all weekend. Monday, Elijah stayed with Bibby all day while I had a class at work. Everytime I talked to Beau at camp he sounded pitiful. I found out that he was the only minister there without his family. So I began formulating a plan. I contacted the director, and found out I would have a place to stay and got directions. So...Tuesday morning Elijah and I made the 4 hour trek up to Corsicana. We didn't stop the whole way. We were on a mission to see our Beau!! When we got there everyone was eating lunch and we walked in, Beau turned around and just stood there staring at us for a few minutes like he didn't believe his eyes. He was so excited.

Elijah and I stayed with two of the other moms at the lake house (yeah, camp is tough). Elijah was so excited to have his friends. He first had to play with all their toys...
After lunch I put Elijah down for a nap. Then we got to go out on the paddle boats.

Elijah and Beau looking for fish in the lake...

Elijah calling the fish...

Pointing to where the fish are...

Still looking for fish...


We then went out on the paddle boats, apparently Beau said something very funny.



Elijah couldn't see, so I pulled him up in my lap and he started waving to every one on the bank...

Wednesday morning I called my grandfather, who lives just a few miles from the camp, and Elijah and I went to visit for a while...

Watching Handy Manny...


By Thursday Elijah was having so much fun with the boys, especially Jacob (on the left). Elijah went everywhere he did and wanted to hold his hand all the time. Here, they are all dancing to The Wiggles...



Snack time...

More Wiggles, Logan decided he didn't want his picture taken...
We had a good time. It was exhausting just watching out for Elijah the whole time ( where is he? who's got him? what's he doing? what did he just put in his mouth?) I know Beau was about a hundred times more exhausted than I was, but we had a good time just being together.



1 comment:

andrea said...

That's so neat that you got to surprise Beau! Elijah looked like he had a lot of fun too!