Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, March 27, 2009

I'm going to be pregnant forever!

Well I went back to the MD this morning. It appears I'm going to be pregnant forever. I am still just about the same as the last two weeks...maybe a little more dilated. The only real change is that she is so much lower. If you know anything about head placement and such during labor...she has moved from a -3 station to a -2 station. All that means is her head is pretty much in my knee caps! The MD was shocked at how low she is. She just kept saying, "her head is right here...I can feel her head right here!" I am having more contractions that are stronger. I was a little disappointed because I am totally done being pregnant, but she assures me there is still a definite possibility it could be soon...even tonight! That would be great! We are going to eat Indian food tonight so maybe all that spice will get things moving. I would go for a long walk, but with her head being so low it is hard just to stand and walk around the house! I'm pretty much finished with her room, just need to hang some decorations on the wall and Mom and Dad are bringing the rocking chair when I do go into labor. I'll post pics when I'm done...very soon.

In Elijah news...
We have been sitting on the potty lately. Not really consistent, but at least I can now talk him into pulling his pants/diaper down. I think its time for some pull-ups. I want to get a book called "Potty train in a Day" I know it sounds unbelievable, but I have talked to quite a few people who used it and swear by it. I think Elijah would do good with it. We offer candy if he'll poop or tee tee in the potty, but nothing so far. We did get the "Everyone Poops" book off the shelf and move it into the bathroom. He gets to read it if he sits on the potty with his pants down. He is fascinated with it. Here are a few pics of him "trying" to poop the other day and reading his book...



If we're lucky we'll have a baby soon. If not, I go back to the MD next Thursday. Tomorrow is the last day I'm officially on the schedule at work. If I want to quit I can, but if I want to keep working I can do that too. I'm taking it one day at a time, though. Just keep us in your prayers that if I do go into labor soon we will have a safe delivery and healthy baby. Also please be in prayer for any of our family that will be traveling in for the birth! More later...

2 comments:

Aimee Scogin said...

FOREVER!Or at least until Thursday.

Kaylane said...

Good luck Erica! I'll keep checking for a "She's Here!" post, but until then, I will definitely be praying for a safe and hiccup-free delivery! You'll do great!!!!