Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, March 16, 2009

"Where does the Livestock Show Live?"

Friday morning we went to the Livestock Show. It was cold and rainy, but we were tough and made it thru. The whole way there Elijah kept asking, "Mama, where does the Livestock Show live?" (side note: he wants to know where everything "lives" now. He asked me, the other day, "where does poo poo live?") I kept saying "wait till you see the big buildings, it lives in the city". When we got to where you could see Reunion Arena he got all excited, clapping and yelling "Yeah, farm animals!!" Our first stop was the rabbits










Then he was so excited to get to sit on the tractor. He kept turning the wheel and saying, "go tractor!" I think he was a little disappointed it wasn't moving for him.









Next was the Birthing Center. There was a big sign as you entered with a picture of a pregnant cow. It had this list:
First Signs of Impending Labor:
1. Decreased appetite
2. Increased discharge
3. Restlessness, agitation, irritability
4. Swelling
5. Tight Udders
I turned to Beau and said, "Lets see...I don't have that, I have that, I have that, I have that, I have that...are my udders tight?" He wasn't amused. I thought it was pretty funny. I also thought it would have been funny to go into labor while in the Livestock Birthing Center, but no luck.

These piglets were born the day we went...13 at once!! Wow, and I think I'm uncomfortable!






The next place we visited was the petting zoo. It was mostly goats, but there was also a lama, sheep, and a deer that apparently thought Beau's sweater was dessert. He followed Beau around the whole time nibbling on his sweater. There was a huge sign that said, "Not responsible for damaged clothing" Before going in I thought it was an odd sign, but now I see it's importance...




Elijah loved the goats...




He had a great time feeding them...



Looking at the new baby goats...



then we went to the Farmyard Follies...







We went thru a place called Fun on the Farm. First the children get an apron and a basket...


They go thru different places like a chicken coop where they collect an egg in their basket, they help cut wool off a sheep and put the wool in their basket (don't worry, it was all fake)...


Then they plant a "seed" and harvest their produce, collecting it in their basket...








He "milked a cow" and put the carton of milk in his basket...


They did have some real animals to look at along with the fake ones they worked with...



He picked a peach...


Then he took his basket to the Farmer's Market and "sold his goods"...


He collected his money for his goods...

(Not pictured) He took his money to the "grocery store" and got to pick out a real treat. He chose an apple juice box. It was a pretty neat idea.


Cheering at the pig races...


Mama and Elijah at the Pig Races...


Papa and Elijah at the pig races...(Elijah is saying "cheese")

I had to work Saturday and Sunday so I took today off. We're just hanging out doing laundry and stuff. Aimee is coming over in about an hour to help me go run some errands. Hopefully Sadie won't come today...we're having Maternity pictures in the morning! Hope everyone is well!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Erica, I have to tell you how much I enjoy keeping up with your beautiful family through your blog! Thanks for taking the time to give us a glimpse into your world and letting us share in watching Elijah grow.

I laughed out loud when I read the part about the birthing center. You are so your father's daughter! Grandpa Thomas would have laughed out loud, too!

Love you all.
Diane

Janice said...

What a great place. Makes farming fun!!! Janice

bunnytrails said...

Iloved the post! Felt like I was there,too. Cute pictures of Elijah!!! Looking forward to your first post with Sadie!!