Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Strawberry Picking!

This morning we woke up and had breakfast. The president of the MOM's club called and said the strawberry picking was going to be cancelled and moved to Thursday because of the rain. I looked outside...it was beautiful. Hmmm...come to find out it was pouring in Friendswood, where she lives. She said that we would, instead, meet at the McDonalds in Alvin and let the kids play. So I thought we would go ahead and go since I had been telling Elijah we would do something. When we got to McDonalds only one other mom was there (I guess no one from Friendswood wanted to get out in the "rain"). We let the kids play, had a snack and I decided to go ahead and go strawberry picking with Elijah. The weather was fine and I'm in no position to procrastinate right now. Who knows where I'll be Thursday. So we went to Frobergs. Now, let me explain about the pictures. I am not trying to be all "artsy" with my picture taking...I just can't bend over or down very well so I just held my camera down and clicked away. I got a few good ones though...



I could not get him to look at me...the sun was pretty bright.






Elijah was a pro. I thought he would just pick everything, but I told him we were looking for the big, red ones. He would walk down the row and say, "look Mama, a big red one!"

























We had a great time. I only pulled about 3 out of his bucket that weren't any good and its just because they were way too ripe/rotten.



Once again, bright sunlight and Beau-the-squinter's child do not make a good picture! Ha!

We will definitely have to go back! It was only $1.50 a pound! Can't beat that! Elijah was incredibly protective over his berries. When I took the bucket from him to inspect it he had a small tantrum. I threatened to throw them all away and he calmed down. I gave the bucket back, we took them to the lady to have them weighed, when she took his bucket he looked at me, I warned him and he just stood there saying (very quietly) "I want my strawberries" over and over. He was portraying extreme self control. I was very impressed. He had to hold onto the sack for the rest of the shopping and all the way home. Then he had to eat some for lunch. He's so funny.
I am "on call" tomorrow at work. they pretty much just put me on the schedule even though there's pretty much no way I would go in so my maternity leave won't have to start yet. Really nice of them! So we'll just be resting. More later.








No comments: