Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Our trip to the "Moose him"

This morning we went to the Children's Museum in Houston. We were able to go with Gary, Aimee, Grant, Melissa, Jahno and Maddie. We had a great time. Here are some of the highlights.




Building stuff....


A giant kaleidoscope...



We realized all Elijah every needed was an old switchboard. He played with this thing forever! We literally had to drag him away from it...




The puppet show...





The Puppet Master...


The ball pit (which Elijah told us on the way home was his favorite part of the "moose him"...



Some of the exhibits seem to be geared towards parents. The object of this was to build a bridge to get you across the river. This was Beau's bridge...



Here was my bridge...(simplicity people! Find the most narrow point and be as "energy efficient" as possible...




This is where Elijah spent the majority of his time. It was a room full of ramps and balls...



Playing in the water outside...
We all brought food and had a picnic outside. The weather was beautiful and we had a great time. Melissa and Jahno had to leave a little early so we didn't get a picture with them.


Elijah posing for a "cheese" on the way out...



I cannot believe how huge I look! Do you see the looks on both my boys' faces? Its bright outside, but neither one of them can take a single picture outside without squinting! I think its funny that they both have the same exact face...


The Gang...Ok seriously, I look like a beast. Aimee said to always turn sideways in pictures so you look thinner. I don't think that is working for me here. I really don't feel as big as I look (most of the time).
I will say this though. This morning getting ready, I put my clothes on and Elijah came up to me and said "Mama, you're beautiful" I thought I was going to cry. I bent down and said "Thank you so much Elijah, Mama really needed to hear that." He gave me a hug, rubbed my hair and said, "You're pretty". I melted.

On the way back to the car...

We had a great time. So glad the Scogins and Braquets could join us! The Scogins are coming back over tonight so Aimee can help me finish the nursery stripes and the guys can watch the boys then we're having burgers!! Better go rest up!










1 comment:

Katy said...

Looks like y'all had a good time. You guys are to funny, you make me laugh. Hang in there Sadie's almost here. Can't wait to see y'all. Love you!