Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Funny Story...

Actually its 2 funny stories. Sorry, no pictures this time, just a few things I'd like to remember that I thought were cute.

1. Monday Elijah was playing in his room. He brought me a book Aimee bought him for a shower. Its called the Boogie Woogie Oogie. We had never read it because its really not a book, its lyrics to a song and the CD is inside the back cover. I've never had a CD player in his room so we've never listened to it. Anyway, I guess he found it because his book shelves still aren't up and so he was going thru his books. He loves anything to do with animals and I think it caught his attention. He asked me to read it and I explained what it was. I got out the CD player, took it to his room and plugged it in. We listened to the CD, danced along to it and had a good time. A little later he asked me to come turn on "his music" again. I went in there and replayed the CD. Even later in the day he asked me again to turn on his music. At this point I was feeding Sadie and told him I couldn't come right now. He went back in and I could tell he was pushing all kinds of buttons and stuff trying to get "his music" to play. He turned it to FM and of course a Spanish channel came on (why can you ALWAYS pick up the Spanish channel?). He kept turning the dial and found a Kelly Clarkson song. He stopped, turned up the volume, came running to me in the living room (so excited) and yelled, "Mama, I found your music!!" Now if anyone tells you that kids don't pay attention send them to my house. He knows all the words to Taylor Swift's You Belong to Me, its so funny to hear him sing "She wears short skirts, I wear t-shirts!" Oh, but don't judge, sometimes it comes in handy. A family from church invited us over last week for dinner. I was outside with the dad, daughter (5 years old) and Elijah. We were swinging the kids. All the sudden Elijah breaks out singing "This is the day that the Lord has made!" I was so proud!

2. Some of you remember a few weeks ago my hotmail was sending out messages that weren't really from me. Well, I was advised to change my password just in case I had been hacked into. So I changed it. Well, on my computer and on my phone I don't have to enter my password because it remembers me. Our computer is old and I think it may have had a slight stroke so it doesn't work so well so I was going to use Beau's at his office today for something. I needed into my hotmail and so it asked for my sign in and my password. I couldn't remember my password so I thought...oh, I'll just say I don't remember, answer my "secret question" and get my password. I did all that, hit submit and a box pops up and says "An email containing your password will be mailed to you shortly" Seriously! If I could get into my email this wouldn't be happening in the first place! What kind of idiot designed that?

Okay, we are going to an ACU Watch Party tonight. All the ACU alumni from church are getting together to watch the Wildcat football team on TV. National coverage...big deal.

I also made Sadie some squash and carrots today. She hasn't eaten it yet, but its in the freezer.

Elijah had another great day at preschool. Did I tell you he has completely given up his nap? Its really taken a toll on our family. So Beau drove him around town today after preschool until he fell asleep and then brought him in and put him to bed so we can go to this party tonight. Ha!

More later.

No comments: