Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, August 14, 2009

I'm not saying they're rational...

Okay, so we all have our pet peeves. I am about to count down mine. Now, don't misunderstand me...these are simple, innocent pet peeves. If you are guilty of one of them I'm not mad at you, I don't make fun of you, I just smile to myself and wonder why. With that said, lets begin:

1. Why do you need a giant diaper bag and a purse? This pet peeve was passed down to me from my mom. She used to say, "If I ever catch you carrying a diaper bag and a purse..." This once came after having a woman with her two bags slung over her shoulder try to walk thru a Joe's Crab Shack smacking my mom in the head. Now, Aimee will say you carry a purse so when your husband has to go change the baby you still have your purse. Can you not live without your compact for the 3 minutes it'll take to change the diaper? Get a diaper/wipe case.

2. Why do you go for your cell phone when its obviously not your ring? Is it some failed attempt to look important to everyone?..."Oh, the phone's ringing, some one must be calling me"...nope, not you! Now Beau would say that he goes for his phone because he has so many rings he doesn't know if its his or not. To this I say, why do you need so many rings? Didn't you set them? Don't you know what they are? You know you didn't set your ring tone to Wild Thing, why are you reaching for your phone!?

3. Why are you wearing that t-shirt over your swim suit? Now, I understand if you need to wear a t-shirt to keep from getting your sun burn further burned or if its required for church camp. However, why are you wearing it because you think you look overweight? First of all, how much do you really think you're hiding in a wet white t-shirt? and you're just drawing more attention to yourself when you're fully clothed with those said clothes clinging to you.

4. Stupid questions. "You're still pregnant?" Nope, just gave birth, that's why I look so good! I just prefer you to think before you speak.

5. If you're going to use an idiom or cliche please do it correctly. No, Beau, you did not "Soil your oats" or "hit the nail with the hammer".

6. Quit saying "I could care less" the saying is "I couldn't care less" If you don't care - which is what you're trying to say - why would you say you could care less...that means you must care because you could care less.

7. Why do the people on Wheel of Fortune yell? I have never understood this. I've see Pat Sajak on other tv shows and no one ever yells at him. He doesn't seem to have a hearing problem, why must you yell "R!!!"

8. Most people don't think when they're unconscious so why would you think "he's thinking that unconsciously?" Sometimes its "subconsciously".

9. Now this one is mostly just cute to me. I'm going to pick on you, Jannie (mostly because I don't think you read this very often! Ha!) When signing an email its unnecessary to sign it with every name you've ever gone by. Actually, why sign it at all? When your email arrives in my inbox I see who its from, but that's fine. I just think its funny to sign off with
Love,
Mom, Mama, Mommie, Mother, Mamaw, Mimi, Grandma - we got it, we know who you are.

and 10. Please look in the mirror after you dress and before you leave the house. Please do not wear a mid-drift if you have a muffin top or if any other part of your body is hanging out. I don't want to see it...no one does.

Now, please remember, these are just things I find comical. I'm sure any of you could come up with your list of "Top 10 things Erica does to annoy me" but please don't send it to me, unless its funny!

No comments: