Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, August 10, 2009

Homemade goodness

I've taken on an interesting feat. I have decided to try to make all of Sadie's baby food. I like the idea that it will all be natural with no preservatives, but mostly want to try and save money - baby food is so expensive.

So, last Friday I made her some cereal and banana. Now I will admit that I may need to buy a box of cereal. Its not too hard to make the cereal from scratch. I just ground up some oats (not quick cooking) and then cooked them for about 10 mins. Then I pureed some bananas. I think it may still be a little thick for her, though, which is why I may need to figure out how to make it thinner. Anyway, I remember giving Elijah plain oatmeal and he hated it, but when I mixed it with bananas he loved it so I skipped the plain oatmeal with Sadie and went straight to the banana mix in.

Here's how it went:

The anticipation, "Something special must be happening. Every one's around me with cameras!"


Taking a bite...(she mostly licks the spoon)
"That's weird!"...
"Its different!"...


"Let me think about it a minute"...


"Not too shabby!"

I froze the remaining cereal and bananas. We tried it again Sunday night and had about the same reaction. Mixed reviews. She doesn't NOT like it, but she doesn't act too excited. I have some peaches I may make today. We'll see. It's been fun and pretty easy so far, we'll see how it continues.

No comments: