Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Dinner Catch-up

So I haven't done a very good job staying up on this whole daily dinner deal. I'm only going to do this, though if anyone cares. So please leave me a comment if you want me to continue. If not, I'll stop. Okay, so here goes...I left off on Feb 3rd.



Thursday I made one of my new favorite recipes. It is the easiest crockpot meal, if not the easiest meal ever. I did this on Thursday morning from before I left for work and it took me literally 3 minutes from the time I dug my crockpot out to the time I hit start! Love it! It is Crockpot Chicken and Black Beans. I served it as chicken tacos. I realized though that it would make a great soup, just double the broth and maybe add some corn or something. It was so good!



Friday we had leftovers. Saturday we were at Brook's party. Sunday we went to a Superbowl party. I made 5 layered 7-layer dip. Monday I made Feta stuffed Chicken.



Feta Stuffed Chicken



A few spoonfuls of light mayo

small container of feta cheese

1 box thawed and dry spinach

4-6 chicken breasts butterflied and flattened

paprika

bacon



Mix mayo, cheese and spinach. Fill each breast with filling. Roll up wrap in 1 or 2 slices bacon. Sprinkle with paprika. Place on wire rack on cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 40 minutes.



I served this on couscous with a salad.



I worked on Tuesday so Beau was in charge. I don't know what they ate and its probably better that way.



Wednesday Aimee came and I knew I would want to be visiting instead of cooking dinner so I put something in the crockpot before she got here. We had Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Sandwiches.



Slow cooker BBQ Chicken Sandwiches

1-2 lbs chicken (I use tenders, but you can use breast, thighs, whatever)

1/2 onion chopped

1/2 cup ketsup

2-3 Tbsp Worstersire sauce

3 Tbsp brown sugar

minced garlic

chili powder, however much you like

Provolone cheese

hoagie rolls

Add everything except cheese and rolls to crockpot. Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 4. It doesn't really matter. I noticed mine was a little soupy so I left the lid off for an hour or so to let some of the liquid evaporate. Serve with cheese on rolls.



I served this with Sweet Potato Fries. I know...but listen, they are SO good. Cut up sweet potatoes into fries. Toss with olive oil, salt and pepper. Bake at, oh I don't know, 375 for about 20 mins I guess. Its not rocket science, watch them, when they're done, take them out. It works best if you flip them once or twice while they're cooking. Keep in mind these aren't regular potatoes and they're not fried so they won't be crispy, but they're still great. Even with ketsup.



Thursday we had Lentil Soup with cornbread. It was very good. Sadie even liked it.



Friday we went out to Ninfas and I had Crawfish Enchiladas! Part of me wishes I had that recipe because it was fabulous and the other (sane) part of me knows I don't need the recipe because I bet the calorie count was outrageous!



Saturday we had a Valentine's Banquet at church. Lasagna. Mmmm



Today, Sunday, I made a new recipe, thank you Katy! Cranberry Chicken. Katy told me about this. She made it in the oven. I wanted to come home to it already made for lunch after church so I put it in the crockpot. Either way is good. It was very good. Beau said he definitely wants it again.



Crockpot (or not) Cranberry Chicken



1-2 lbs or however much, I don't know, I just threw in a bunch of frozen chicken

1 can cranberry sauce

a few glugs of katalina dressing

one packet of onion soup mix



Put all in crockpot. Cook on high for 4 hours. Now. I used frozen tenders. If you used frozen breasts it may take a tiny bit longer, but if the breasts were thawed I'd count on 4 hours. If you you need more time, just put it on low. If you want to cook it in the oven put your thawed chicken in dish. mix other ingredients in a bowl and pour over chicken. Bake at 350 for about 40 minutes.



Monday we're having Chili Hash brown Casserole. I don't think I've given you this recipe. If I have just ignore the next line.



Cheesy Hash brown Chili Casserole



I'll try to pick back up on Tuesday!

2 comments:

Janice said...

I like the recipes. I think I will use the first one. The one that could be a soup. Right now I am all about soups....

Kaylane said...

I'm not good at leaving comments because I'm usually at work....which is so NOT the right place to check blogs!!! BUT, I like the recipes too. :)