Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Snow Day

This is the first year ever that I have hated winter. I love winter. I love the food. I love the clothes. I love blankets. I love the feel of the cold on your face. Not this year. Its not the same when you have to work around kids. Having to get everyone buckled in while you're standing in the cold rain, worrying if they're warm enough... Elijah's first winter he was a newborn so it didn't matter, we didn't go out much. By his second winter he was walking. No, scratch that, he was running around and I could bundle him up and he'd play till he needed to be thawed out. This winter is different. I can't go outside and play with Elijah because Sadie can't go outside and play. And, being stuck inside in a house this small is really being STUCK in. We are so ready to be in our big house! okay, so lets get to it.
Before heading off to preschool, he was so excited about the snow!...
After getting home from preschool (early dismissal). A tad more snow...
He and Beau working on a snow man...
Making a face like the snow man. I don't know where he comes up with this stuff...
Warming up with some homemade hot chocolate. I love the toboggan hair!...
Love that chocolate mustache...


I have a cold. I guess its not really allergies. I have just felt worse and worse as the day goes on. I'm sure the intense weather changes don't help too.

For dinner tonight we had Mexican Skillet Pasta. I'm sure you're wondering where I got my Mexican Skillet, but its just a normal skillet. It was super easy and definitely kid friendly. Even Sadie ate a bunch of it.

1 lb ground beef (or turkey)

1 jar mild salsa

1 15 oz can tomato sauce

1 1/2 C water

1 lb pasta (I used corkscrew)

1 bag niblet corn (frozen corn)

grated cheese

Ground and drain beef. Add remaining except cheese. Reduce heat, cover and cook until noodles are just tender, stirring occasionally. Add cheese before serving. We had a green salad with this. Easy peasy.

No comments: