Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

I don't remember the last time Valentine's Day was on a Sunday. I know, I know...it was 7 years ago...whatever. I put lunch in the crock pot this morning (more about that later) and we came home after church for a family dinner. It was nice...Sunday is usually our only time to go out to eat and its usually with friends from church. After lunch I told Elijah I had a surprise for him. I said "On Valentine's Day you give your Sweetheart and box of chocolates" I asked him who his Sweetheart was. "Emma Kate" he said (a girl from his Sunday school class). Nice. I retorted with, "Well you're my Sweetheart" and gave him his first box of chocolates....


After nap time we decorated our traditional red velvet cake...




I know sprinkles aren't normally on red velvet cakes, but they're more fun for a 3 year old...



My two Sweethearts (Sadie can get chocolates next year. I have a strict policy that you don't get chocolates until you have more than 4 teeth)...


Then we had to taste it...




Mmmm..



When your belly is full you must retire to the couch to watch Word World...


We've had a lot going on that I need to blog about. I need to catch you up on recipes from the last week. I also need to blog about the little fact that we bought a house!!! To clarify a bit, we've signed a contract on a house. We have the inspection on Tuesday that will tell us if we'll go through with the deal. Our house in Alvin closes on the 26th and if everything goes okay with that we'll close on the new house here on March 1st. What a birthday present!! More about that later!

2 comments:

Aimee Scogin said...

Actually the last V-day on a Sunday was in 1999. Blame leap year!

bunnytrails said...

Congratulations on your possible new house!!! Emily and Josh are in the process of looking, too!! Give everyone a big hug for me! Love you! Jo Carol