Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Sad, Sad Day

Last night was a sad night. It was the last time I nursed Sadie. Single tear. I did shed a few. She hasn't seemed very interested in her bedtime nursing for about a week. I said last night I would try one more time and if I still had trouble we would stop. She didn't seem very interested so I called it quits. I did, however, have to sit and stare at her for a few minutes relishing her "baby-ness". Its hard to believe she's growing up so much.
With Elijah I went back to work so much sooner and went back full time. I stopped nursing him sooner and it was mostly because he had started biting! I wasn't really upset when I stopped with Elijah. It was becoming a hassle for me to nurse him so it seemed natural. This time around it seems like Sadie quit and that made it a little sadder. It feels like the first time she's pushing me away and I envision the first time she doesn't want me to hold her hand or kiss her in front of her friends or walk her to school or lay in her bed and read to her....More tears. I just have this bond with her. I don't think anyone has ever loved a baby like I love her. Now don't get me wrong I would rip your head off if you ever even looked crosswise at Elijah. I LOVE him. There is just a different bond between a mom and her daughter and I relish it. Maybe a few of you understand where I'm coming from.
So, my girl is growing up.

Moving on...we had Brinner tonight (Breakfast for Dinner). Its actually the first time I've done this. We had a breakfast casserole. Jan, I used your English muffin recipe except I had to use bacon instead of sausage. It was really good. I also made Potatoes O'Brien and Homemade Cinnamon Rolls. Very good.

Tomorrow night we're having Chicken Divan Egg Noodle Bake.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I feel your pain. Brooklyn didn't want to stop. Her daddy was done and I had been fighting some pain, blood and infection issues for over a month. It was a very emotional time for me because she was already walking and talking and so this was the last baby step.

andrea said...

Maybe she's just on a nursing strike. That happens around this age. And then after a while they go back to nursing. If she is getting too distracted to nurse, nurse her in dark room with no other sounds or sights. Or maybe she really is weaning herself....

I totally understand the mother~daughter relationship!! I don't love Jonah any less, just different!