Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Potato Soup

I made Potato Soup for dinner tonight. It was, as usual, mmmm mmmm good. I love potato soup.

Potato Soup

EVOO/butter
diced onion
pepper
crushed red pepper
flour
red potatoes
diced ham
milk
shredded cheese

Okay, Aimee, calm down. I know there are no measurements on anything. There doesn't need to be. I don't have any measurements, you can do this!! (I know she will never make this unless I add measurements, even if they're made up)

Dice up the potatoes, no need to peel. Boil in water (save at least 1-2 cups f the water). While the potatoes are cooking. Saute the onions in either 3 or so TBS of butter or a butter/EVOO mixture. Add black and red peppers. Once the onions are soft add a few TBS of flour and cook 2-3 minutes. Add in a little of the starchy potato water at a time (like you're making gravy). Add drained potatoes. Add milk. I'm going to say about 3 cups but it just depends on how soupy you want it. I just pour until I like how soupy it is. Tip: if it gets too soupy you can add some cornstarch mixture or some instant potato flakes to get it as thick as you want. Add ham. Okay, here's another thing. I use whatever is on sale or whatever I have. This time I bought a chunk of ham. Its big enough to use for 2 meals. I've also used Canadian bacon and real bacon. But I don't really like real bacon because I like to have a lot of meat and too much bacon is not a good thing. Simmer for a bit (I don't know, Aimee, like 10 minute or so). Add cheese. You shouldn't need any salt in this. The ham and cheese take care of that. I made some french bread with this. Beau said it was Top 5.

The kids and I stayed home tonight instead of going to church. Sadie has another ear infection in both ears and is on antibiotics. We've also all 3 been holding on to a cold so I decided to keep us home tonight and put the kids in bed early. Anyway, the three of us were eating dinner and Elijah said, "Mom, did you know Jesus taked away all of our sins?" I said, "I did know that". He just nodded, like "okay" and went on eating. I love him.

Please, if you will, pray for wisdom for Beau and I. We have a few days to decide if we want to go forth with it. We put in a new off for the seller to come way down considering the ton of money that will have to be spent. If its "meant to be" for us to have this house we really hope he goes for it.

No comments: