Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, February 1, 2010

The Tradition Continues

I needed a few minutes to cook dinner tonight and the boys were gone to a soccer game. Sadie wanted a bottle so I did what every good mom does...propped her up on a pillow in front of the tv. I turned on Veggie Tales.


She didn't stay there as long as Elijah, but it did have her attention for a few minutes...

It sure did give me flashbacks, though...
Dinner tonight was:
Chicken Meatballs with Gnocchi and Tomato Sauce
Mix 1lb of ground chicken with some basil (dry or fresh), Montreal Steak Seasoning, about 1/2 C Sun-dried tomatoes and some salt and pepper. Form into meatballs and place on greased cookie sheet. Bake at 400 for about 10 mins.
Bring some water to boil in a pot. Add gnocchi (potato dumplings found by the pasta) boil for a few minutes until they float to the top.
While gnocchi are boiling and meatballs are cooking. Saute 1/2 - 1 medium onion and a couple minced cloves of garlic in some olive oil. Add 1 can crushed tomatoes, 1 can tomato sauce, salt and pepper to taste and any other spices you may like (I added some oregano and red pepper powder). Add drained gnocchi and meatballs to sauce. Serve with crusty bread and a salad.
Elijah and Sadie both love the gnocchi. I like it as a nice change from pasta. You can also use it in potato soup (that's what Olive Garden does). Anyway, hope you enjoy it!!
I also made some Oatmeal Banana Bread.
Beat 1/2 butter (I think if I played with this recipe some I could get that lowered) and 3/4 C sugar till fluffy. Add 2 eggs one at a time. Mix in a few (I used two medium) ripe bananas, a little vanilla and a little cinnamon. Fold in 1 1/2 C flour (I used half whole wheat and half all purpose), 1/2 tsp baking soda and 1/2 tsp salt. Stir in 1/2 C dry oatmeal, 1/2 C chopped nuts (I used walnuts). I also had an apple that needed to be used so I peeled and diced that up and threw it in. Put into one greased loaf pan and bake at 350 for an hour. Beau took one bite and said he really liked it with the apple...go figure. I like to think of it as a healthy snack (if you don't count the stick of butter! Ha!) Enjoy with a tall glass of ice cold milk...mmmm.

2 comments:

Aimee Scogin said...

Showoff.

Unknown said...

Brooklyn just now started to show interest in something besides CMT or "ball" (what she calls football or basketball). She will watch some Seasme Street with me on Sunday morning about 6:30 a.m! The others she just notices in passing. I guess your two got the Ballard lounging genes!