Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Our Un-Retreat Weekend

Let me first start with a definition...
Retreat: a place of privacy; a place affording peace and quiet; retirement: withdrawal for prayer and study and meditation; "the religious retreat is a form of vacation activity"

I'm not really sure of the verbiage of this, (I'm sure Aimee will tell me) but we went on a Family "Retreat" this weekend. It was a Retreat in name only, however. I'm calling it an Un-retreat, or detreat!

We went to a camp not far from Robinson. Its actually a really cool camp. It is huge, has a zip line, a small lake with paddle boats, a gym, game rooms, etc. We didn't get to really enjoy any of this though because of the weather. It was FRIGID!!

We arrived Friday evening and had a great meal provided by the camp then spent some time in reflection. Later that night I took Sadie back to our room. We had two private rooms (two twin beds each) connected by a door (like a hotel). I put Sadie to bed and Beau put Elijah to bed around 10:30. I went to bed around 11:30. Beau woke me up around 12:30 to ask for a blanket. He had brought his own pillow and blanket in the van when he brought the kids. One of the kids must have mistaken his pillow and stuff for theirs because his was gone. I gave him a blanket off my bed and he used a sweater as a pillow. Poor Beau. Then Elijah fell off his bed at one point. Then Sadie woke up to eat at 3:30am. Then Elijah woke up around 5:45am whining and woke up Sadie at 6:15 who decided to just stay up. Breakfast was at 7:30 across the camp (remember, its about 20 degrees outside). We spent the day trying to stay warm playing games.

I just don't think that's a retreat! A retreat would be some one taking my kids with them and bringing me breakfast around 9am! And I'm sure there would be heat at my "retreat"! Ha! Oh well, we still had a great time with our church family (okay, not great, but really good!)

We left the "retreat" and drove straight to Ft Worth for the Livestock Show and Rodeo. Jannie bought every one tickets for Christmas. The Livestock Show was too cold and we weren't able to do any of the outdoor stuff, but the Rodeo was warm and Elijah loved it. We got home around midnight which is why we're pretty worthless today. Just resting. Elijah has already taken a 4 hour nap!

There are no pictures of our weekend. I did have my camera, but it was just too cold to even take my gloves off to be able to take a picture!! My toboggan didn't leave my head for 2 days!

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. I hope you're all staying warm and I'll try to pick back up tomorrow.

1 comment:

bunnytrails said...

Hey, I'm with you on that one! Doesn't sound like much of a relaxing and warm time, but one that you will always remember.We have some of those,too, and they become better with time!! By the way, we are going on a retreat to Maui...leaving this THursday and will be gone for a week...just had to share that with you! Hey, you know I love ya!! Aloha!