Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Misery Loves Company

Well, the inevitable has happened. Sadie is sick. She is not throwing up, but does seem to have a tummy ache. She will be lying in my arms and then just scream out in pain. She also has a temperature. Last night she was SO exhausted. She had slept all day, but needed to go to bed. Nothing I could do would soothe her. She wouldn't nurse, wouldn't take a bottle, wouldn't take a pacifier, wouldn't let Beau rock her, wouldn't do anything. At 11pm she was miserable. I was just about to put a jacket on and put her in the car for a drive. I had one last idea. I remembered that there is actually proven research behind Mary Popins' "just a spoonful of sugar". Sugar has some kind of effect on the brain that makes pain and discomfort more bearable. I took her pacifier and dipped it in a tiny bit of sugar. I put it in her mouth and she was asleep within a few minutes.


She has the cutest, saddest face when she cries. And crying is the only thing other than sleep she's done for the last two days...


I forgot how stressful it is to have a sick baby. I've become so used to Elijah being able to verbalize so well what he wants or needs for so long.




I was trying to capture a new thing she does in this picture. If you ask her something like "Where's Brother?" and she'll turn her palms up, say "huh?" and look around. My camera just wasn't fast enough to get the full affect...

Sadie also did her first dance move on Sunday at church. I'll have to remember the date so I can put it in her scrapbook.

Please keep my kids in your prayers. Elijah threw up again on Monday morning. I think he was just extremely exhausted. I let him watch two movies Monday morning and then gave him a dose of Benadryl to help make sure he took a nap (which is doctor-approved by the way). He took a 3 1/2 hour nap!

No comments: