Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, January 22, 2010

Slowly But Surely

We're trying really hard to get back to normal around here. Sadie is still sick. For those of you who don't know, I took her temp on Tues night and it was 103.1. She hadn't eaten much of anything since Monday morning when her fever started. They told me to try and force her to drink pedialyte. I don't know how they expect you to "force feed" a 9 month old...not happening. They also said to take her to the doctor on Wednesday morning. On Wednesday morning I took her temp...99.4. By the time we go to the doctor and they checked her temp 45 minutes had passed and she was already 103.4 and miserable. The doctor said Sadie's throat was very red and covered with blisters...virus. She took some blood to test and see how dehydrated Sadie was. Her numbers were just good enough to keep her out of the hospital. We were sent home and told to try and get her to eat as much as possible, some new soothing medicine combinations, and to come back if she stops peeing or if her temp reaches 105. Beau stayed home with her yesterday while I worked and she seems to be (very slowly) getting better. She still has a temp, but not as high as its been. She's barely eating, but is eating some and I've never been so happy to see pee in all my life! She seems very weak and very tired, but she's still just as precious as ever.

Today we were able to spend some time outside and get our boost of Vitamin D. It was great!

Elijah having fun playing in his sandbox...




My subdued Sadie...



Making a quick call...










This is pretty much her face right now. I keep thinking of a dog with its tongue hanging out to cool itself. I almost think she's doing the same thing since she's got a fever all the time and you can just tell by her eyes she's tired...




In other news!! I keep forgetting to spread the good news. Zac went on a trip with Heather's family to Colorado and asked her to marry him! We're so excited. We kinda like Heather. She reminds me a lot of myself...totally stylish, hilarious, gorgeous, and a nurse (okay so at least the nurse thing reminds me of myself). We're so excited for y'all (did I say that already?)...


No comments: