Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Breakfast Cookies

I tried these cookies the other day. They are good and good for you! Elijah and Sadie love them too. I was thinking of all the people I was going to email the recipe to and decided it would be easier to just blog it.

3 ripe, mashed bananas
2 1/2 cups quick oats
1/3 C honey or 1/2 C sugar
1/2 C applesauce or oil
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp cinnamon
* may add 1 C chopped dates (if so, reduce oats to 2 cups)

Mix and let sit for 15 mins. Spray cookie sheet. Drop by spoonful and flatten a little. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.

A few notes:
* The recipe says to drop by teaspoons and it will make 3 dozen. I made them big (about the size of your palm) and only made 12 (and served them for breakfast to the kids with fruit).
* Next time I am going to add some ground up flax seed for fiber and consistency
* If you have to use oil I would not use as much as it calls for
* I may bake them a little longer than 20 mins.

Anyway, I really liked these. I thought they seemed very "good for you" and they tastes so good the kids eat them (hello healthy snack!!)

I've had a lot of people tell me I should add recipes to this blog. I love to cook and especially love to try new recipes. I'll think about it...

No comments: