Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Sadie's 9 Month Check Up

I took Sadie in for her 9 month well baby visit yesterday. It was a great visit since it was her first check up without shots!!

She played in the waiting room...


And she played in the exam room...


Peek-a-boo!!








Could you put that camera down and play with me some more!?!...





And played with one of her favorite toys, Mom's hair...





My precious baby is growing up!

She's had a runny nose for a few days. The doctor said her ears aren't clear, but they don't look infected enough to call it an ear infection. We're under orders to watch it and bring her back in if she starts acting like they're bothering her. The only problem is that they never seemed to bother her with her last 2 infections. I also asked why she keeps getting them since she doesn't go to daycare or anything. She said some babies are just more susceptible. She also said if she has 5+ infections in less than 6 months we start talking tubes.
9 month stats:
Head circumference: 17 cm = 50%
Weight: 17 lbs = 20%
Height: 27 in = 49%
Weight for Height: 17%
She said she wasn't worried about her weight because she is steadily gaining with each visit. She said breastfed babies usually weigh less and if she's not feeling well she may not be eating as much. She does want us to give more solids (including meat) and keep working on the bedtime routine.
Sadie had some testing done. It was a packet we filled out about communication, problem solving, and fine and gross motor skills. She passed all the sections even though she's not doing some of the skills. She seems to be a little slow on her gross motor skills, but advanced in her problem solving and fine motor. She also impressed the doctor at the end of the check-up. The doctor said "Bye Sadie" and Sadie waved and said "Bye Bye" So I guess its time for me to count that as her first word (same as Elijah). She says Mama and Papa, but I don't think she's saying it with much meaning. She mostly just repeats us if we say it. If you say "Where's Mama?" She'll turn and wave at me, so she's getting close.
She LOVES Elijah. He spent Friday night with Mimi and Pepaw (Janice and Frankie). When we picked him up she was so excited. She was just reaching for him and laughing.
Speaking of Elijah. He started complaining of a stomach ache yesterday morning. He didn't really eat breakfast, but that's not surprising. He asked for milk, then a little while later asked for water. Later he told me "When I drink milk my tummy hurts, but when I drink water it feels better." I thought that was a pretty complex statement so I believed him. Through out the day he kept complaining and even fell asleep while Beau was reading him a book and took a 2 hour nap! He didn't eat lunch or dinner. At the dinner table he started making a bad face and holding his stomach. I asked him if he was going to throw up, he nodded, we took off running for the bathroom and he threw up. He complained all evening and was up all night. He kept coming in to our room, crawling into bed with me and crying for me to hold him. It was so sad. This morning he woke up still complaining, but I sent him to school anyway. I thought school might take his mind off of it. Beau dropped him off at 9 and called me at 9:30 that he had thrown up in class and was bringing him home. So it looks like we'll be having another day or laying around watching movies!
More later.






No comments: