Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

My poor, sick boy

Well, Elijah is still sick. If you scroll down a few posts you can read how it all started. He was sick Monday and Tuesday then started a low grade fever on Wednesday. On Friday I took him to the doctor and had some lab work done. Nothing showed up. Dr McDonald said to bring him back in on Monday if he wasn't better. Saturday he was about the same, but Sunday he seemed over it. No stomach ache, no fever (that I could tell) and he actually ate something. Monday he seemed to feel okay, but was being really mean to Sadie. He's usually so sweet, so I know when he's acting like that some thing's wrong. Then that night right before dinner he started throwing up again and his low fever came back. I was up with him till midnight! So this morning I called and made him another doctor appointment. So to the person who had the need to leave a comment last time telling me how bad of a mom I was for letting him go to school last week you'll be glad to know that I kept him home today. I would also like to say to you: 1) Thanks for the encouraging words and 2) I love that you feel comfortable telling me I'm a bad mom, but conveniently left your comment anonymous.

The doctor today was still stumped at the cause of his illness. He had a strep swab, which he did not like. He peed in a cup, which he thought was pretty cool. He also had blood work done, which involved him being stuck once in each arm, he really did not like that. Afterwards, while we were waiting on the results and I was trying to calm him down I was rocking him. He asked me to sing to him. I asked what song he wanted me to sing. He said "Here I am to worship". That's his new favorite song. He's been going around singing "here I am to worship, here I am to bow down". If you haven't heard a child singing a praise song to God you are really missing out on a huge blessing. Anyway, the doctor said she would call tonight if any of the lab work was abnormal. She also put him on Zantac to see if it will help. He has felt fine today, but still has the low grade fever. Please keep him in your prayers.

There are a few new posts below...

3 comments:

Janice said...

I am soooo sorry that he just can't seem to shake this stomach problem. I will be praying and singing a new song!!!

Jennifer S. (your cousin) said...

Erica, you are a fantastic mom!!! And I LOVE reading your blogs. :) lol it's almost become a joke with my bf, Jake, because after I read your blog I'll be like, so Sadie did this and Elijah did that and it was so funny! lol Like I was there... :) Can't wait to meet the kiddo who looks like me! ;)

bunnytrails said...

Poor little guy! I'll say a prayer for him right now. (and for you!) Love you, Jo Carol