Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 21, 2010

The yellow one is the sun!

I was a little confused about something I saw in the sky today, but after Beau reminded me, I remembered it was the sun! After church and small group lunch we came home and put the kids down. We immediately headed outside to bask in the glorious warm sun. After about 30 minutes Elijah got out of bed and came looking for us. He said, "you're outside?" we said "yes" he said "can I come?" He hasn't played outside in I-don't-know-how-long so I said yes and he got so excited. First he wanted to play his new game.

Its not actually a new game, Crystal got it for him at Christmas. However, since its animals he just wanted to play with the pieces. Friday I finally got him to gather up all the pieces so we could see how it works. You set up the small animals and you "tag" them with the giraffe when the giraffe tells you which one to tag. I know, that didn't make much since, but whatever. Elijah LOVES it. And he can play it by himself and one of the versions of the game has him running around burning energy so I love it! It is a little loud for our little house so on Friday I took some toilet paper and my medical tape and made a mask over the giraffe's face (where the sound comes out). Well Elijah threw a huge fit, just bawling his eyes out for me to take it off. He said the giraffe couldn't breath. I was covering up his face and eyes. I was afraid he was going to call PETA so I took it off. He has carried it around all weekend, everywhere we go, in his backpack so he can play it whenever he wants. Did I mention he loves it?



After playing his game for a while in the back yard he asked if he could paint. I got him all set up and he made me a masterpiece.




Sadie has something new too (well, new to her). I showed her how to use it. She tried...








And fell...


Elijah is so interested in reading. I am glad he's interested and wants to learn, but I know nothing about teaching a 3 year old to read. We've just been spelling a lot of words for him and sounding things out when he asks. I don't know if he'll actually be reading soon, but I wouldn't be surprised. The kid loves to read. His new favorite show is Super Why on PBS. Its all about a super hero kid, Super Why and the Super Readers. They read a story and then if there's a problem they change the story to solve the problem. Anyway, so now if Elijah wants or doesn't want something he'll say its not part of the story. For example, if he doesn't want to eat his green beans he'll say "The story says 'Elijah doesn't like green beans'" Then we have to figure out how to change the story (but sometimes we can't). I think its so funny (most of the time).
Sadie's getting better, we're still moving on with the buying/selling house situations. Our house in Alvin closes on Friday and our house here closes March 5th. Which is next week. I totally didn't realize March is next week! Even though my birthday is next Wednesday I still didn't realize it. For anyone who knows me very well you know this is weird because I usually start counting down my birthday at the end of January. I guess we've had a lot going on!



No comments: