Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Fun in the Sun

We took the morning off to spend some time at the beach. We have really been wanting to take Elijah back (he hadn't been in almost 2 years!). It just so happened the Scogin clan was wanting to go as well so we just went together. It was really cloudy and rainy (it never rained on us) so it made for perfect weather. We took an awning so we could have some shade and it was just great. I'm not much of a beach person so for me to say it was good it was really good. I've never liked it because going to the beach usually means its hot outside (which I hate) so you're sweating and the sand just sticks to you. I cannot seem to spend more than a few minutes outside without burning (even with sunscreen). On top of that I don't thing its an "adventure" to continue finding sand days later lodged in placed you didn't think sand could get! Another thing I hate about the beaches in Galveston are Port-a-Potties! We drove all the way down to the West Beach because we knew there were pavilions with nice restrooms there. When we got there we find it destroyed by the hurricane!! Grrr! For some one who has to "go" as much as me that's such a pain. I probably could have made it the few hours we were there except I drank a huge cup of coffee on the way just so I could stay awake! Oh well, we still had fun. Here are some pics from the morning.





The guys...




Elijah loved it (except when the waves came up and splashed him in the face). He never figured out to close his mouth. He just kept saying "that tastes bad!"












Elijah had a little trouble keeping his pants up. Its my fault though, I accidentally bought him one size too big swim trunks...










Waiting on a wave...oh the anticipation!




Me and the boys...






Grant missed nap time so we had a little cuddle time...











A shell!!








Beau and Gary playing Frisbee...









Grant and Elijah making a sand castle (actually they're tearing down Beau's castle)...





Elijah with his swim vest on (he and Beau went "deep")...




Baby Sadie with the exact face I usually have at the beach. "I'm all sandy"






Sadie Smooches...




Trying to take a picture with my boy who won't look at the camera. He is smiling and he is saying cheese, I guess looking at the camera is just too much to ask...







Best looking couple on the beach!? I think so!


A short video Aimee shot...
Another big day on the schedule tomorrow! MOM's club in the morning, lunch with the Youth Group, grocery shopping for our Stock Your Freezer party, church, and FREE ROOT BEER FLOATS AT SONIC!!!

More later!






2 comments:

Katy said...

How could not love the beach. It's one of my favorite places to go!

Janice said...

You know we love the Roast Beef shot....