Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Its not a secret anymore...

No...I'm not pregnant! Ha! We've got some other news to share though. Beau got a new job a few weeks ago at a church south of Waco...Robinson Church of Christ. While we are extremely sad to be leaving our friends here in Alvin we are so excited about being closer to "home". Robinson is about 30 minutes from Beau's family and about 1.5 hours from mine! We are so excited for Elijah and Sadie to get to see their grandparents more than just a few times a year. We will be pulling out of Alvin on July 11th (everything is happening so fast!). We don't have a house there yet (we're going to rent for a while) and we haven't sold our house here yet (wanna buy a house in Alvin?). We hope you'll keep us in your prayers as we go thru this transition.


So, with a move coming up I am trying to "clean out" the pantry/fridge/freezer. Some items I noticed I had that needed to be used were...cream cheese spread, wheat flour, bread flour, bananas and honey. So what do you get when you mix all that? Homemade Bagels!!

While I cooked...Elijah wanted to wear a hat he found in his closet. A little big?


I started with my favorite appliance...the bread maker. I found a recipe for Banana Whole Wheat Bagels. I made the dough in the bread machine. Then I formed them into bagels...
The recipe said it makes 12, but when I shaped them I got 6. Now I know what you're thinking. I was about 10 minutes late in realizing they still had to rise. (I was rushing since Sadie was napping and wasn't thinking clearly). So when I came back 10 mins later they were huge! I didn't want to risk ruining them by reshaping them so I just thought we'd have JUMBO bagels. Then I read on in the recipe. Now I have to poach them? Ok. So I boil my sugar water and drop them in a few at a time. Oh yeah...that makes them rise even more!! Now we have SUPER SIZED bagels! I'm becoming more and more amused with myself at this point...




Then I bake them. Do they rise more you ask? Yes they do. Here is a pic after they're done...
Okay. See the one at the top right? That one's a little bigger than a large one you would buy at a bakery or grocery store. See the one at the top left...bigger than my head!! Ha! They're really good though!
I have lots more to post, but the kids are ready to go down for naps (and I think I am too). I went back to work for the first time yesterday. It was nice to be back, everyone was so sweet saying they'll miss me (even the surgeons who have yelled at me more than once hugged me and told me they would give me recommendations if I needed them!) I hated leaving my Sadie though. She did fine without me (which broke my heart) but I guess its okay. I go back tomorrow and Thursday. Thanks to Bibby and Julie for helping Beau with the kids yesterday. I'll try to post more later today.




1 comment:

Aimee Scogin said...

Oh, so I'm just going to skip over the part about you leaving. No comment. Those bagels look yummy! :)