Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, June 19, 2009

The Good, The Bad and The Imaginary

A few things to share before I cook dinner:

The Good - Sadie is doing a few things that make life a little easier. For a few weeks now I have been putting her down for naps and to bed still awake and she is soothing herself to sleep. Its so much better than having to "put her to sleep". Also, she is going to bed earlier. I am feeding her around 8:45 or so and going to bed around 9:30pm. These things are great since I go back to work on Monday and these things make it easier.

The Bad - I only tell you this story to warn you that bad things can happen and please don't let it happen to you (or Sadie). I was getting her dressed one morning this week and went into her room. I laid her on her changing table, realized I hadn't gotten her clothes from the closet. Instead of doing the appropriate thing and picking her up and walking to the closet I left her there (I know, call CPS, such a horrible decision). She is not rolling over yet, but boy can she scoot. I was at the closet (about 3 feet away) for just a second, I turned back around and Sadie had pushed herself backwards, her head was already hanging off the table, one more scoot and she would have gone over the edge head first! I screamed, lunged and caught her by the leg. So scary!! I've always listened to stories of babies being hurt/killed because of stupid mistakes parents make and always thought that could never happen to me, I'm too careful and "aware" to let it happen. But I'll tell you, especially when you throw other kids into the mix your head is sometimes just not there and you make lazy decisions. Anyway, if you happen to watch Sadie any time soon please do not leave her on a bed/changing table/etc without extreme supervision!

The Imaginary - Elijah is going thru a milestone. He is doing a lot of imaginary play. If you think this is not a big deal you're wrong. Its apparently a very important milestone. His latest thing - he came up to me "holding something in his hand" (air) and said "Look, Mom, its my paycheck, its $70! Here, hold it!" I had to act like I was holding it. He would walk away, run back to me and make sure I was still holding it. He also loves to have you sing the "Going on a Bear Hunt" song and walk around "hunting for bears". Too cute.

Better go start dinner.

No comments: