Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, June 15, 2009

My Smiling Sadie

Well I don't know if this is normal or not, but things are so different with Sadie than they were with Elijah. With Elijah this is how our evenings would go....Dinner while Elijah hopefully napped, then a bath in his baby bathtub, turn lights and tv down, a massage with lotion (Lavender for calming), then a final nursing, off to bed (as he got older we thru in a book). Not so much with my Sadie. Our evenings now look more like...dinner with Elijah while Sadie hopefully naps (that's pretty much the same), Elijah and I take a shower or he gets a bath, Elijah gets to play a little more, then yogurt for a bedtime snack, then brush teeth, read a book, say our prayers, kisses goodnight. Then I usually sit down to nurse Sadie and remember I haven't bathed her in days. Clear out the sink, wash her off, hurry and put pjs on because she's screaming (remember she's hungry), nurse while Beau and I watch TV or a movie or just talk and go to bed. I'm worried about ever having another one...will they ever get bathed and played with? Anyway, Elijah was a very easy baby. Everyone said the next one would be horrible because that's just how it works...well we have been so blessed - Sadie is even easier than Elijah. She is a JOY!

With Elijah I remember (because I have a scrapbook page devoted to it) his first smile. Sadie, not so much. Not because I ignored her, but because she has been smiling since she was born. I know what you're saying...it was just gas/reflex/whatever in the beginning and I know that, but she did it so much there was no way to mark when her first real one was. The smiles have gotten bigger and gummy-er and I just love them. Here are a few pics from last night.

When I first sat her on the couch. I call this "How dare you sit me down!"

Then you start talking to her and...(Happy fat girl face!) Is that not the cutest double chin!?

My sweet girl...


She and her "future husband", Grant have this in common...(he would always do this when he was younger)...


Elijah, not wanting to be left out of anything wanted to "smile" for the camera...

Sadie is so funny. The other night she was screaming so loud. Beau was holding her and I was getting ready to sit down and nurse. She is just really screaming. He hands her to me, still screaming, I start to unbutton my shirt to nurse, she immediately stops screaming and gets the biggest grin! She seriously knew what was coming!
Okay, I haven't told this story because I know there are some people who read this that may not want to read about "intimate details" or nursing stories or whatever, but this is just too funny. Don't say I didn't warn you though...its graphic! :)
Remember when we went to the zoo last week? Remember how incredibly hot and humid I said it was? Okay...I get home with the kids (Beau's at work). We are all nasty and desperately need showers. It's getting late in the afternoon and I want Elijah to take a nap. I also know I have about 10 minutes before Sadie starts screaming in hunger. So with all that in mind we run in the door and go straight to the bathroom. The plan: Get all three of us into the shower for a wash off. Don't question how I do it...I'm very talented. I get undressed, get Sadie undressed, Elijah is refusing (he rarely acts like a 2 year old -tantrum wise - but of course today is). I am holding Sadie with one arm, have Elijah trapped between my legs (sitting on a vanity stool) and undressing him with my other arm. We are all naked, about to get in the shower. Elijah is crying "I want to poo poo on the potty!" I am like "yeah! lets do cartwheels!" I turn the water off and we all go to Elijah's bathroom for him to sit on his potty and poo poo. (This is the first time he ever initiated using the potty). While I'm standing there waiting on him to poop Sadie starts screaming - she's hungry - I try rushing Elijah - useless (2 year olds have their own time table). If you don't know what happens when your nursing and your baby starts crying go look it up...so THAT is happening. Elijah is not making much progress so I begin nursing Sadie. I look up into the mirror...there I am, naked...holding a naked baby to the breast and in the background is my naked toddler on the potty. I immediately burst out laughing. It looks like a centerfold for Hillbilly Playboy!! And after all that...still no poop! We did all get showers though.



1 comment:

Katy said...

haha nice Erica nice