Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 4, 2009

No Good, Very Bad Day

Well yesterday started off good. The kids and I went to MOM's club, grocery shopping with Aimee and Grant, then met Beau and the youth group for lunch (Vietnamese food). The kids and I headed home for naps. We were almost home, driving down Mustang and all the sudden a car on a side road turns out in front of me. I had just enough time to think "I'm going to hit this guy" BAM!! I closed my eyes while the airbags exploded and opened them just in time to hit the curb and hit the breaks before jumping the curb. It was raining. I was trying to look for my phone, but couldn't find it. I couldn't even remember where I last had it. I looked in the backseat to see if the kids were okay. Elijah was crying and asking what happened. I was trying not to panic and wanted to keep him calm so I said "Its okay, the balloons just came out of Mom's car, did you see them?" That got his mind on the "balloons" (airbags). I got out and was sliding around in the mud yelling to people driving down the road that I needed a phone. No one would pull over. I ran to the passenger side and after a couple attempts to get the door open I looked all thru the floor board for my phone, no luck, but left over Singapore Noodles were everywhere. I tried again to get some one to pull over, finally one lady did. I ran back to my driver side and found my phone up under the gas pedal. I called 911, checked on the kids again. It was raining again now so I got back in the car. A woman walked up and said she thought we should get out because smoke was coming out from under my hood. I got the kids out. There we are standing in the rain, Elijah crying, we're muddy, Sadie screaming, mosquitoes swarming. To keep Elijah from getting more upset I tried to act really excited and told Elijah, "you're going to get to see a police car and and ambulance!! Isn't that exciting!" Then I see my neighbor coming, she pulled up and threw the kids in the car. The police finally get there, check out the kids, Beau gets there. We spent a while longer with the police then finally got to go. Here are a few pics Beau got today for me at the wreck yard...




I held it together until the wrecker loaded the car and we started driving home. I could see that Elijah's door was crushed in and it just hit me that had either of us been going much faster my precious boy could have been hurt or I could have lost him. I was crying and that really worried Elijah. We were home just a minute later. Elijah and I got out and I told Elijah we were going to get in the shower to wash off all the mud. He started patting my leg and saying, "yeah Mommy, we'll take a shower and you'll feel better, don't cry Mommy." In the shower he was washing the mud off my legs and feet and saying, "see Mommy, you feel better, don't cry Mommy, you feel better." It was so sweet. I love my son SOOO much.



We got home and the kids slept for hours. I tried to sleep but my head was reeling. The kids all seemed fine, my forearm was burned from the airbag, but all seemed okay. However this morning when I woke up to feed Sadie at 4am it was a different story. I am so sore. I have just gotten more sore throughout the day. My neck, back, shoulder, chest and left foot (of all things!) hurt. According to my dad it'll probably just get worse over the next few days. Oh well, it could have been SOOO much worse. It was my first wreck and I was only going 30 mph (if that). I can't image if we had been going faster. I just praise God my babies are okay!
Today we had our Freezer Fun party. It was me, Aimee, Jennifer, and Melissa. We all left with 6 freezer bags of meals!! (Plus 6 for Courtney who had the audacity to have her baby instead of coming to our party!!) We worked hard! We had a good time.
We're off to Rosebud tomorrow after Sadie's two month check up (and shots). More later.



3 comments:

andrea said...

Oh my goodness! I had tears in my eyes reading this, especially when I saw Elijah's door. I'm am so glad you were all ok!!! It seems like you did great under pressure distracting Elijah from getting too upset. I hope you start to feel better quickly!

billy and stephanie said...

Oh Erica! I had tears in my eyes as I was reading about your wreck. God is good! I am so glad you are all okay

Kaylane said...

HOW SCARY! That is one of my worst fears b/c I have never been in a wreck before. I'm glad that all three of you are OK!!!