Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, September 4, 2009

4 month check up (at 5 months)

Like I said yesterday, I took Sadie in for her 4 month check up. She did great (considering she had 5 vaccines!)

We started off in the waiting room. She was determined to grab the camera, which explains the "determined snapping turtle" look she has going on here. I do still think, however, that she is the cutest snapping turtle ever!

Getting weighed. This look says, if you show this picture to anyone after I turn 10 I will kill you!
Love me some big fat baby rolls!
Answering all the nurse's questions. This look says, "Okay, just don't let go, Mom"...


"Promise?"...



Showing off how strong she is for the doctor. "What do you mean, 'can I push up'?"


The look after the doctor said she would be getting 4 shots!

So, lets break down the percentiles. She was 24 inches which is around the 14th percentile. She is 14 lbs which is around the 24th percentile. So the MD said she is pretty petite. I was shocked. I think she's tall and pretty thin. Nope. However, this place gives us a percentile that our other MD didn't mess with. Its Weight for Height. For that she is around 68th percentile. So...even for a petite little thing she is chubby for her height. Ha!
The MD was very impressed with how "alert" she is (Jonathan, Zachary...she definitely gets that from Dad). She also thinks she'll be teething soon. She said her gums are hard, but it could still be a while. I'm in no rush (I don't think moms who nurse are ever in a rush for teeth). She said she could sleep on her tummy if she wants since she's rolling over. I didn't mention that she's been doing that for about 5 months now. Some things are best left alone. She also said I could start feeding her some baby food. I told her I had already started and I'm making my own. She was really impressed about that. Not as big of a deal as she thinks it is, but I went with it.
Sadie did okay with the shots. The worst part is the second after the first one where she looks at me like "why are you letting this happen". The nurse was really slow and it took all I had to not to take the stuff and get it done so I could hold my baby. Oh well.
Elijah is going to spend the day tomorrow with Janice. They're supposed to go to the zoo. Then Sunday we're going to Stephenville and spending the night. Jannie's throwing a Labor Day picnic Monday afternoon.
More later.




2 comments:

Unknown said...

She is getting so big. It just makes me realize how big mine is now!!

shood9@gmail.com said...

They are so beautiful. Man we miss you!