Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

National Day of Play

Saturday was the National Day of Play. We decided to go to the ranch. We actually left on Friday and Beau drove in from Dallas and met us there. It was us, Jon, Katy, Zac and Heather on Friday night. We put the kids down pretty close to their normal time, but we all stayed up until 2am!!! I was so tired!! I got into bed at 2, Sadie woke up at 3:45 to eat, which woke up Elijah. I finally got him back down around 5 and then again at 6, then woke up to him at 7:30 saying "Mama, the sun is up, you said I could get up when the sun is up". He went onto the front porch and "mooed" at every cow walking by then would yell "Mama, the cow's lookin at me!!" It would have been cuter and funnier if we weren't all so sleepy. They guys made a big breakfast and we had a great time enjoying each other's company.


I think Elijah enjoyed his breakfast!



I know it looks like an optical illusion, but Jon's legs really are that long...

After breakfast the guys also cleaned up. After unloading the dishwasher Jonathan realized the dishes had all been dirty!! After completely backtracking he is almost positive he got all the dirty dishes back into the dishwasher! Ha!


Late in the morning my parents showed up with Brooklyn, Cale, and Katy's parents. We had a great time visiting and eating burgers.


Brooklyn and Sadie...



Brooklyn pulling the boys in the wagon...




I think it was a little harder than she had planned...





Beau pulling the kids in the wagon...

























Katy giving the kids a ride on the 4-wheeler...





















Beau and Elijah riding Jon's horse, Grey....

























Then they talked Jon into giving them another ride on the golf cart...



After lunch we headed down to the river. Mom and Sadie...





Cale had a blow out and we didn't have any diapers. We were a long way from the house and so he just went commando. I don't think he minded...
I know by the look on my mom's face she is tired of talking to me, but I promise that's not what she's thinking (I think)...




Sadie loved it...




Brooklyn and Elijah had a blast building sand castles...


All the guys (except Beau who had to head back early) swam in the river...


Zac was the Ferry...



So was the ranch relaxing? Just ask Sadie...

No comments: