Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Channeling my inner Martha

Lately I've been channeling my inner Martha around the house. I've had a good time doing it. Some of the things have been fun like making my own graham crackers. I got the recipe from Wholesome Baby Food. That's where I learned how to make my own baby food for Sadie. Here's how it went...
All the ingredients: Wheat flour (can't find graham flour, but they're apparently interchangeable), all purpose flour, sugar, milk, butter, baking powder and cinnamon.

Formed into dough, rolled out and cut into squares.


Now the recipe says to roll the dough thicker to make your own teething biscuits and thinner for crackers. Well, I must have done it right in the middle because mine turned out a little thicker than crackers, but thinner than biscuits. Oh well



The finished product...
I'll try them again when Sadie gets ready for biscuits.
As for Sadie's baby food I made peaches, plums and peas yesterday. I also have a sweet potato that needs to be cooked. So far she's loved everything.

1 comment:

andrea said...

I'm going nuts!! I thought this was a really neat idea but I've looked all over the wholesome baby food website and can't find the graham cracker recipe anywhere. I thought this would be great for heidi to eat and easy for me to make. But I can't find it!!! What is it under/called??