Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

An EGGcelent Day

Yesterday I got an Evite for MOM's club for the recipe exchange happening today. We were supposed to make an Egg dish. I only had 4 eggs and didn't want to load up both kids and go to the store so I had to get creative. Stay tuned for what we made.

We made some sugar cookies. Elijah had a great time...




Sadie started getting fussy so I decided we would take a small break. She was in her chair by the dishwasher. I said, "okay, just let me start the dishwasher and I'll get you out of your chair."
I started the dishwasher. If you've ever been to my house you've still probably never heard our dishwasher running. Its not because its a new, fancy kind that is so quiet you don't know its running. Its because we usually only run it while we're gone because its SO loud. Well, apparently it sounds a lot like the womb because it hadn't even been running 30 seconds and Sadie was OUT!


So Elijah and I pressed on. Here is a picture of what we made...
Did you figure out our Egg Dish? Can you tell the ones in the middle are "Fried Eggs"? The other moms got a kick out of my creativity. We had a good time.
When Beau got home Elijah was telling him about how he got ant bites on his foot. (it actually happened the day before) When Beau saw Elijah's foot he got so mad and went straight to the garage to get the ant killer and marched out to the backyard to save the day. He said seeing Elijah's foot made him want to go all vigilanty on those ants. The bad thing is Elijah's foot looked much worse yesterday. This is the best picture I could get. He really has a reaction to fire ants!
His foot is twice the size of the other one and is beet red (thats the part the picture doesn't really show) Poor boy!
So we woke up this morning and I was really tired. I don't mind Sadie waking up every 3 hours to eat during the night, but she's been flipping back and forth sleeping 4-5 hours in a row one night and only 2-3 in a row the next night (which is what she did last night) and my body just can't get regulated. Anyway, I wasn't going to go to the recipe exchange because I was just so tired, but decided we should since we did RSVP. After we arrived I was really glad we did because the hostess had a 2 year old daughter and Elijah had a blast playing with her. They had a great play room right by the kitchen...

Sophia and Elijah talked Christian into reading them some books...
After we ate our brunch we had the boys clean up!...
I couldn't resist this picture of Sadie the other day. She was down for a nap and just looked so comfortable...

We have Sadie's MD appointment in the morning so I'll let you know how that goes. Then I scheduled her first pictures for Friday morning. Beau is going to Austin for the weekend (Friday and Saturday) so I will be alone for the night for the first time. If you want to come by and hang out or hold a baby or play with a toddler let me know...I'm sure I'll be tired! :) More later.

1 comment:

billy and stephanie said...

Logan has the same reaction to ants and mosquitoes. It is an awful site. Poor Elijah, Logan feels your pain.