Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, April 10, 2009

On our own

Well, we're officially on our own now. My dad came late last night to get my mom and they left this afternoon. It was SO nice to have m mom here for a whole week. Not only for her company, but for her help! I pretty much just sat in my chair while she did EVERYTHING! I wish we were close enough to them that we could see them more often. It will be nice, though, to start getting back to our "normal" lives (or what our new normal is).

I keep getting calls, emails and texts from everyone asking about 2 things...1)Sadie's MD appointment Wednesday and 2) how Elijah is doing. So I'll try to answer those questions.

1) Sadie's appointment went well. Her weight was back up to 7lbs 2oz (with her official birth weight being 7lbs 10 oz). The doctor was pleased with that so we're good for now. We go back for here 2 week check up next Wednesday.

2) Thank you for asking about Elijah. He is doing great. We had one little breakdown on Monday when we got home from the hospital. I had to feed Sadie as soon as we got home and Elijah wanted to sit in my lap. He was pretty upset. He went into the hallway and cried. Every few minutes he would look around the corner and see that I was still holding her and keep crying. Since then he's been much better. He LOVES his sister. He is so loving toward her. When Beau and Elijah left for church on Wednesday night he walked up to her in her chair, leaned down, kissed her and said "Bye Baby Sadie, I love you" That's the way he treats her all the time. I love his sweet personality.


This morning after breakfast we looked over and saw Elijah playing with Sadie.


"this car is black"...



"here, you hold this one"...


"lets play cars"...

Mom bought a dress for Sadie to wear to church. We tried it on Sadie today and took a few pics...



My pretty girl...

1 comment:

Janice said...

Glad she is doing well. Good luck!!! Janice