Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

More pics of Baby Sadie

We finally got to come home from the hospital Monday afternoon. We had to stay later than we'd hoped because Sadie had lost too much weight and wouldn't poop. She had lost almost a pound and the doctor was pretty worried about her. He said if she had lost just 1 more ounce it would have been his limit and he would have made her stay another night. Since my milk hadn't come in yet he made me supplement with half an ounce of formula every time I nursed. Monday evening my milk came in and we stopped supplementing. We go to the doctor tomorrow afternoon for a weight check and hopefully she's back on track. She is a sweet baby as long as she's not being denied food. When she gets really upset she does this weird squeal thing and sounds like a pig. I snapped a few more pics yesterday and today...


Beau holding Sadie before we were able to leave the hospital...she's so tiny!


They were apparently pretty tired after we finally got home...


Sleeping this morning in her crib while we had breakfast...



Elijah singing "Rock-a-by-baby" to Sadie while she sleeps...



Having a bath this morning...



This is the only outfit that fits her right now which is funny since she has a TON of clothes. She spit up on it tonight though so we'll have to wash it so she can wear it to the MD tomorrow...


My sweet babies...







A look of "far off wonderment"...


We had a pretty good first night. I set my alarm to feed her every 3 hours. I had to wake her up once which was pretty hard. Its really hard to get out of bed when there's not even a baby crying, but I really want her to gain her weight back by tomorrow. At one point early in the night Sadie woke Elijah up and they were both crying. I had one moment of "what were we thinking? One crying child at a time!"

5 comments:

Aimee Scogin said...

Oh, perfect. There is actually one picture where I see a little bit of Beau in her... but only one! :)

Brian Stuart said...

Erica she is just perfect! I am so happy for you guys. Little girls are so much fun! Enjoy your new little one and try to get some sleep! HA!
Candice

andrea said...

What an absolute doll! Love the big bow! ;-) I think she looks just like her mama.

bunnytrails said...

So, so cute! I love the one of she and Elijah. Also, I love the song you have playing on your blog. I have never heard it before. ALSO, I would love for you to visit my blog sometime...I stalk yours all the time! Hehe

Kaylane said...

Ah yes....one child's cry waking up the other in the middle of the night. That might be my LEAST favorite part of being a mom of two!!

She's gorgeous!