Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 5, 2009

My sweet babies...

Well, I asked the pediatrician today if we could go home today instead of in the morning (the ob was ready to let me go, but I'm not leaving without my Sadie Baby) but he said no. He said research shows babies do better the closer to 48 hours they stay in the hospital. I'm not sure about that but another thing he said was that all her bilirubin testing and hearing test and stuff is due at 36 hours which will be around midnight. Elijah had quite a problem with his bilirubin and she is getting a tiny bit yellow so that sold me on staying (whatever is best for her). However, both our MDs said they would come by really early to release us since they know I'm really ready to get home.

Anyway, I tried to snap a few pics of her, but they aren't the best. She wouldn't let me unwrap her without her crying so you can't see much of her. I'll try to get some better ones in the morning.

The pacifier takes up most of her face...

Her color looks a lot better today...not quite as pastey as yesterday...

I still can't get over the blonde hair, hope it stays that way...




I tried to get one with eyes open...this is the best I could do. The flash was a little bright...


In Elijah news:
Today was our Easter Egg Hunt at church. I was really sad to miss it. I had basket ready and clothes laid out when we came to the hospital yesterday. Mimi and Peepaw took him to church and Bible class. Beau went up to the building for the festivities. The had hot dogs, listened to the story of Jesus' Death, Burial and Resurrection using a neat thing called Resurrection Eggs by Beau and hunted for their eggs. Elijah had a great time, of course.

Sorry the pic is blurry. Beau telling the story...


Lining up for the hunt (the little kids got to start first)...





Apparently it was really bright and super windy (you can tell by his squinting and crazy hair)...

My boys...
I'm excited about going home in the morning. We had a sweet lady come and clean the house. Mom said she did an awesome job...I can't wait to see it. Also, today, Beau took my car and had it detailed and washed! We should be home sometime in the morning and I'll try to post more pics of my beautiful kids. I am so blessed!!!

1 comment:

Katy said...

Can't wait to meet this sweet little girl. Hope your doing well. We love you all!